parable

www.parablecomic.com
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EVIL AIN'T EASY!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 pm 

Well, here’s some huge news I couldn’t tell you all until now… my comic Evil Ain’t Easy is currently in this month’s Zuda Comics competition! For those of you who might not know, Zuda Comics is an online division of DC Comics. Every month ten comic strips are chosen for the international competition, and votes from online visitors to the site determine the winner. This winner is then rewarded a year-long contract with DC Comics to create 52 more strips for the site.

Evil Ain’t Easy is my humor strip that tells the story of a maniacal scientist bent on world domination who is constantly thwarted by the everyday annoyances of life. He is accompanied by the laid-back henchman he created and a moody, little, old landlady.

It’s quite an honor to even be selected for the competition! So far, readers seem to enjoy the humor of the comic. It’s pretty light-hearted compared to a lot of the other comics on Zuda. I hope that uniqueness appeals enough to people to get their vote, as there are several great comics in this month’s competition.

So anyway… I need your help! Please take a few minutes to read the comic, register, and VOTE for it (registering is quick, easy, and spam-free)! Please also rate it, favorite it, and leave a comment… all these things will help it win.

Also, I’ve setup a production blog at evilainteasy.com to help promote the comic, and there you’ll find lots of sketches, downloads, and more! We’re going to be running a few different contests to promote the comic, so stay tuned to that blog for details… and you might win some free stuff!

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help out!

Here's some more sketches...

Last edited by Seth Wolfshorndl on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: EVIL AIN'T EASY on Zuda!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 pm 

The first Evil Ain't Easy fan art has come in... and it's pretty dang good. A couple of fellow Zuda artists (our own Josh Alves... and Steve Steiner) try their hand at Dr. Nimbus and Lothar. You can see both on the Evil Ain't Easy blog!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:52 am 

Evil Ain't Easy has moved up to 4th place in the competition. Thank you to all of you who have already voted!

Hey, any of you that are on deviantArt might want to check out the Evil Ain't Easy fan art contest I just started on there. There's lots of great prizes, including a one-year Premium Membership to deviantArt, free prints, and commissions. Check out all the details right here!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 am 

Two more contests for you all...

ON FACEBOOK:
Join the EAE Facebook group and check the main page often. Once a week, I will be asking an EAE trivia question in a wall post there (which will be easy to answer if you've read the comic). The first member to email me the correct answer will win a free commissioned drawing of the character of your choice! One winner each week!

ON TWITTER:
Just follow me on Twitter, and once a week you will also see a chance to win a commissioned drawing just by responding to a certain tweet on there!

Also, check out the Evil Ain't Easy blog for new downloads and fan art.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:25 pm 

Just a few days left to vote for Evil Ain’t Easy! If you haven't checked it out yet, please do.

Here are some of the free commissions I created for winners of the Facebook and Twitter contests. First up is the Mystic Yak for Andrew Wales. Andrew was the first winner of the Facebook contest, and he requested I draw one of the characters from his Eclectic Comics

Next is my version of Josh Alves’ Araknid Kid, which was won on the Twitter contest:

Another Twitter winner was Kevin J., who requested a portrait of himself:

REMEMBER… the Twitter, Facebook, and deviantArt contests are all running for a few more days. Check ‘em out, and you still might win some free stuff!

Here is a new sketch I did of some of the henchmen that didn’t make the cut with Dr. Nimbus…

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:16 pm 

Well, the results are in, and Evil Ain’t Easy finished in fourth place on Zuda. I want to thank everyone that took the time to read it, whether you voted for it or not. It was great to get so much feedback on one of my comics all month. One of the best things about being in this competition was how many people supported this comic by creating fan art, participating in things like the Facebook group, or just spreading the word. You are all pretty awesome people.

In case you're wondering, you will see Evil Ain't Easy again. It will see print in either our Random Ink anthology or possibly its own book. And I will be posting the rest of the artwork I am doing for our contest winners right here.

Thanks again for all the support!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: EVIL AIN'T EASY!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am 

This story has unavailable since the Zuda site was shut down a few months ago. Just wanted to you all to know that we’re finally presenting it again in its entirety for you to enjoy! You can read it now on our Random Ink site. It will also be published this month in the fourth issue of our Random Ink anthology.

Profile E-mail